We are dedicated to our most precious resource – Our Youth.
We honor each child and family as an expression of the Divine. Every Sunday, our Youth and Family Ministry is co-facilitated by our YFM Director, Nancy Tremblay and a volunteer. The Sunday experience introduces our youth to Unity’s principles and teachings through the Bible, Unity curriculum, and like-minded spiritual resources. Our director follows Unity’s commitment to the Living Curriculum which adheres to the belief that children already have spiritual wisdom within. It is our duty to foster that wisdom and draw it out of them. Each Sunday, our program offers engaging spiritual lessons that support young people’s emotional and spiritual growth—all while having fun!
Children’s Sunday Services
Our weekly youth program is offered concurrently with regular Sunday services, beginning at 10:30 am and ending at 11:30 am. During this time, children ages 3+ will be introduced to meditation, Unity prayer, a spiritual–lesson from the Bible and/or children’s literature, craft-time, and movement.
To ensure the safety and well-being of our children, we have adopted the following policies:
- All parents/guardians are required to sign in children every Sunday. Except for occasional guests, all families must have a registration form on file. This alerts us to any allergies or special needs your child may have.
- Parents/guardians are required to pick up and sign out their children immediately after services.
- There will always be a volunteer who has undergone a criminal background check present with your child. Our volunteers receive ongoing support and training.
The Five Unity Principles, as taught to our children
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth I know.
Notes for Parents
Please dress your children comfortably, as they may be participating in circle time, crafts, and games.
Families are asked to allow plenty of time to sign in their child. Volunteers will be there to welcome them 10 minutes before the start of services.
Please pick up your children immediately following Sunday services. We ask that older siblings not sign out their siblings. This ensures our children’s safety.
Nancy Tremblay, Youth & Family Director
Nancy serves as our Youth and Family Director. She brings forty years of experience as an educator. She has taught preschool, elementary, as well as high school. Nancy is deeply committed to teaching Unity’s principles. She fell in love with the teachings and their dedication to being inclusive, practical, and loving. She adheres to our co-founder Myrtle Fillmore’s wisdom. Myrtle Fillmore wrote, “our mission is not to entertain the children but to call them out.” To be “called out” is to follow the harmonious law of the soul’s unfoldment. This, she trusts, is the purpose of the Sunday experience for our youth. She believes in meeting young people where they are as a way to help them on their unique faith journey through engaging lessons, affirmative prayer, meditation, song, and creative movement.
We are very blessed to have Nancy. Together, with our youth, Nancy embodies God’s Love in our beloved community.